Tuesday, February 28, 2012

They say that necessity is the mother of innovation...

They say that necessity is the mother of innovation... today this really  rang true. 

     Today I ran out of milk... I realized this AFTER I had brewed a pot of hot, delicious, organic coffee. As I stood there fuming over the idea of drinking it black, I decided to start hunting the cabinets for some creative substitute.

Ok... what will behave like milk in my coffee? 

Mayo? no... right color...WRONG taste.
Flour? ha... yeah.. no.
Yammit bits? (freeze fried sweet potato) .... absolutely not.


Wait... what's this? Vanilla egg white protein powder? I think this is it! 


I poured myself a cup of the steaming liquid and happily dumped a scoop into my cup.

This proved to be quite the disaster. As I stood there attempting to break up what looked like dirty snot filled with dry powder I realized that my genius idea may not be so smart after all. After a couple minutes of exploding slimy powder bombs on my kitchen table, I sadly dumped the whole thing into the kitchen sink.

After a moment it came to me... I wasn't quite sure why but I had a feeling it was because i was trying to mix it in with a hot liquid. Commence attempt #2!

This time I got my protein shaker cup. I filled it with about 1/4 cup of water, added 1 whole scoop of protein and shook it until it was thick and creamy. 

I then poured out the last of the pot of coffee I made and hoped for the best as I mixed my protein milk substitute in slowly while stirring quickly. 
 
SUCCESS! 

What I ended up with was truly thrilling to me... I realized that I can have my morning caffeine AND my morning protein in one hot, delicious beverage!

1 cup of coffee, 160 calories, 4 carbs and 24 grams of protein.... 


HAPPY MORNING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment